Thursday, December 27, 2012

Part 1: 2012 Year in Review- SongMODEL Highlights...

As the year comes to a close, SongMODEL is in planning mode for 2013.  Although an exciting 2013 is on the horizon, taking a moment to reflect on the biggest accomplishment in 2012 is mandatory!   As SongMODEL's fearless leader, sharing a life-changing, whirlwind trip to Europe where I joined Koku Gonza on her first International Music Tour in France is simply living.  Open your eyes and prepare to see a little of Europe through my eleven-day journey across the Atlantic... and back!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Chicago, Illinois


June 15, 2012 was Koku Gonza's official send-off celebration to France.  She delivered "Confessions of a Songwriter" an eclectic performance, utilizing a story-telling format to deliver a fun-filled show to her audience at the Green House Theater.  Then she was off to France for her 11-City Tour through Southern France.





_________________________________________________________________________________________

Famble (Family in Krio- Dialect of Sierra Leone)

I started my journey with family in New Jersey, where I joined family to celebrate the graduations of cousins.  I was asked to Emcee the event, and I enjoyed every moment!  With a family as big as mine, it came as no surprise to recognize seven cousins in one year (including my two sisters) for a job well done on graduations from High Schools and Universities.

After much needed time with family... MY JOURNEY BEGAN!!!

_________________________________________________________________________________


I flew out of John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City.  Since I was in New Jersey and wanted to avoid the hustle and bustle of a train ride, I took the State Shuttle from Princeton to JFK.  I highly recommend this option.  The drivers are friendly and helpful as well as timely.  My flight left at 10:50pm ET and if you are traveling overseas, I recommend leaving from the U.S. in the evening if possible.  I definitely slept through the night on the plane, and woke up at my destination!!!

Airline of Choice: Virgin Atlantic
Why????  Virgin is Awesome!!!  I walked on the plane and they were playing 'Oliver Twist' by D'Banj!!  If I wasn't so tired from a full day in travel-mode, I would've danced to my seat!  They provide you with a soft blanket, cozy socks, an eye-mask and toothbrush/toothpaste.  Hopefully they consider adding nose plugs in their care package for my future travels.  I experienced pungent scents that woke me out of my sleep... but when we landed and I saw the British Flag, nothing else mattered.

                                 SURPRISE!!!  MY FIRST STOP OVERSEAS... GREAT BRITAIN!
Heathrow International Airport, GB






London Fog













What I Did Next
1. Use the Ladies Room & Brushed my Teeth
2. Strolled to Baggage Claim while taking Pictures
3. Stood in the long Border Entry Line
4. Recieved clearance to enter the country
5. Ran to Baggage Claim & Grabbed my Bag
6. Asked workers the cheapest, fastest way to get to King's Cross Train Station
7. Purchased a train ticket and vigourously walked to my train (out of breath)


What I Should've Done
 1. Use the Ladies Room (Pop a Mint Instead)
 2. Walked briskly to the Border Entry Line
 3. Recieved clearance to enter the country
 4. Walked briskly to Baggage Claim
 5. Asked workers the cheapest, fastest way to get to King's Cross Train Station
 6. Purchased a train ticket and walked to my train (with breath)
 7. Turned my IPod on... and stop looking so lost!

At least I was smart enough to avoid heels.  

The Lessons Learned.


After an hour of getting my life together... I am on the train to my next stop... Paddington Station.  What's at Paddington Station?  The Paddington Bear? 

 STAY TUNED!


___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BloggE.D.   (Executive Director)

As I take you on my journey... make sure you don't miss a moment!  Subscribe today and continue on my journey through my eyes tomorrow.



___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment